Core Aeration Services, Saginaw, MI
Core aeration is the mechanical removal of small plugs (1-3 inches) of soil and thatch from the lawn. Removing small cores of soil from your lawn promotes root growth for healthier grass along with these benefits:
- Improved air exchange between the soil and atmosphere
- Enhanced soil water uptake
- Improved fertilizer uptake and use
- Reduced water runoff and puddling
- Stronger turf grass roots
- Reduced soil compaction
- Enhanced heat and drought stress tolerance
- Improved resiliency and cushioning
- Enhanced thatch breakdown
Moss is a shallow-rooted plant that spreads by spores and root-like structures called rhizoids. It loves to grow during the gray, wet days of late fall and early spring. Moss control products are most effective when applied while moss is actively growing, which is usually during the cool, wet spring and fall. Here at S. Imperial Services, we treat moss with a specialty herbicide which shows improvement after one treatment – sometimes two are needed. Control of moss requires more than just killing off the existing moss in the lawn. The best way to prevent moss from returning is to correct the underlying reason the moss began growing in the first place. We will help determine those underlying reasons and offer other products such as lime treatments to help balance the pH of soil.
To schedule a free estimate, contact us today at (989) 270-1134!